We have a designated Partner who is responsible for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), including environmental issues. A full copy of our CSR policy is available upon request.
Our CSR policy is based on:
- treating our employees fairly, equitably and with respect (a full copy of our Equity and Diversity survey is available upon request);
- protecting the environment for future generations;
- managing the impact of our business operations on society and the environment;
- being a responsible neighbour by understanding our local environment and adapting to its needs; and
- observing basic human rights.
We are committed to integrating environmental best practice into our business activities and recognise our obligation to reduce the consequences of our activities. In particular:
- we adopt best practice and assist, where possible, in developing innovative solutions to the environmental issues and problems facing our sector. We comply with all applicable environmental legislation. We assess the impact of our operations to minimise the consumption of natural resources, including energy, water and raw materials as far as is practicable. We have improved our building management to conserve energy through measures including installing light motion sensors. We have also implemented IT policies to prevent hardware running overnight;
- we are committed to effective waste management and recycle 90% of our waste paper. We encourage our staff to think before printing off emails. We check draft correspondence and documents on screen;
- we have developed and implemented integrated logistics policies and actively encourage our staff to use more environmentally friendly means of transport to and from work;
- we work with the local community and others regarding environmental concerns and to pursue environmental initiatives. For example, we donated an area of what used to be our car park in our Watford office, to create a grass seating area for the local community; and
- we donate our unwanted IT equipment to good causes.